Why SSL Unavoidable?
Let think of a website as having a conversation. In a website you exchange information with the server and as we all know it responds with data of its own. Now if you were discussing something really personal or sensitive, you’d want that conversation to be held in as safe as possible. Right?!
Buying some products or giving personal information to a website without an SSL certificate is like discussing your deepest secrets on a crowded subway car. So it’s really important to secure your information when you browse. Now, of course, you have some question in your mind like What is SSL? Or Why I need this? How does it work?! etc. Don’t worry!!
Now in this article, I will discuss SSL only for you! So let’s start with basic:
What is SSL?
Secure Sockets Layer short form is SSL. It’s a computer networking protocol for securing a connection between network applications, clients and servers over an insecure network such as the internet.
Let’s make it easier Suppose you want to open a bank account but the bank authority couldn’t help you in this without your identification or some document for knowing who you are. In future, by those document or identification, you can withdraw your money and no one can withdraw your money and this the safety of your bank account.
Similarly, the same scenario happens when you are accessing a secure website. Your client asks authentication and identification from the web server, which it presents through its SSL certificate. The website needs a trusted certificate provider to establish this identity.
Why do you need this?
The main purpose of SSL is to provide secure online banking transactions, logins and transfer that are useful for all manner of the website. The most common use is for websites where secure data is transmitted like card payment details or secure login details.
• Keep data secure between servers.
• Safe from the hands of hackers
• Build and enhance customers trust and improves conversation rates
What are the benefits of using SSL?
• Kick out the hacker
• Boost Ranking and increase Brand Value
• Secure Payment to experience safe Shopping
• Build trust with extended authentication
• Strongest encryption to Secure information
• Increase Sales
• With SSL your Website looks more professional
• Google loves sites using SSL
• Protect both customer and internal data
• Increase security of your mobile and cloud apps
How does it work?
• A browser or server attempts to connect to a website (i.e. a web server) secured with SSL. The browser/server requests that the web server identify itself.
• The web server sends the browser/server a copy of its SSL certificate.
• The browser/server checks to see whether or not it trusts the SSL certificate. If so, it sends a message to the web server.
• The web server sends back a digitally signed acknowledgment to start an SSL encrypted session.
• Encrypted data is shared between the browser/server and the web server.
Earning trust is a difficult challenge factor for all companies operating online, regardless of whether they are in a business online or host an e-commerce website. Investing in SSL technology and actualization using trust marks or step is an effective, successful and proven way to establish a bond with your users or clients.